Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflecting on 2009

Wow I can't believe the end of 2009 is here, wow what a year?!?!

So I try to sit back and think about the blessings and wonderful things about this year. I think of all the time together we spend and places we went and visited.
I was going to do a month by month recap of the year but I don't know if I could think of something to say about each month so here it goes:

January: The training began for Jeremy, we knew that by the end of this year we would have to say good bye to each other but was going to make it a great year. Also, this month my nephew Parker was born, but I could not wait for the chance to meet him!
February: We had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner. My husband suprise me with a already paid Manicure and Pedicure to get me out of the house while he made a wonderful 3 course meal. This was also after he made me breakfast in bed. A wonderful day!
March: I think we made a trip down to Florida to see the Jacksonville Zoo, I know we are 2 adults but we enjoy going to zoos and aquariums together those are our favorite places to visit.
April: We had a wonderful yard sale and sold alot of the much junk we had around the house. We took the money and went on a little get away to Tybee Island, GA. There we just relaxed and spend some time together.
May and June: These month we did not do anything exciting but was able to spend some time together and get to know each other better. We dealt with some issues during this time but it all worked out for the best.
July: Beka got to come stay with us for 3 weeks and have a WONDERFUL JULY 4th with us. She even enjoy dancing to Trace Adkins. Anyways that was great to spend time with her. Also, in July Jeremy finally got a promoted to PFC. I was so happy!
August: This month Jeremy began his really serious training for deployment. He attended Raider Focus out in the field for most of the month. He also was promoted again to SPC. Way to go again!
September: We were able to take leave and go back home to Texas and visit our love ones there. I was so excitied to finally meet my nephew Parker. The trip was wonderful and it was so nice to see everyone and even ended with some crabbing.
October: Jeremy went away for almost 4 weeks to Fort Irwin, CA for NTC training. There he learn alot more and training and almost real life Iraq situations. I missed him alot but we made it trough.
November: This month was my birthday and thanks to my husband I enjoyed. We also got to spend my birthday at Hilton Head, SC at a Marriage retreat. It was fun and a great relationship building classes. Anyways, we started the count down and knew he was leaving soon.
December: The month everything happen in, We started off the month with a trip up to Kentucky/ Tennessee to see my brother in law, Jason and his new girlfriend. On one day on the way up there we stop in Chattanooga, TN and enjoy some of the sites of the city together. Then we came home and begun to prepare for the goodbye. That day arrived fast but we did it and now we just wait for the hello again. Also this month, my husband was able to resign for another 6 years into the Army but will change jobs into something he enjoys more.

So basically that has been our year a lot of training and preparing but It was a great year together and I look forward to 2010 and hopes it brings even more joy and blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year...love dad and marie

Cindy Howard said...

I like traveling too. Hope this year is good. Let's keep in touch.