Monday, December 21, 2009

To move or Not to Moveand I

To move or Not to Move that should be the question.... Okay, so Jeremy is in the sandbox now and I am still here living on post. So I am trying to figure out if I want to stay in our apartment here or move off post and try to save money. Choices and if you know me I can't decide so I going to make my Pro and Cons list so here I go:

Living On Post
Pros
1) No ulities bills - can run washer/dyer 24/7; sleep with lights on and my bill never goes up
2)
Safe - Yes post is not any safer then off post, but it does feel safe cause you get to know your neighbors
3) Yard Work- I live downstairs and have a small yard. So Jeremy taught me how to use the weed eater to cut the grass because that is all you need and it only takes about 10 minutes to do.
4) Maintance - Yeah they are not the greatest but they are there if something happens.

Cons
1) It takes 20 minutes to get to ANYWHERE! Yes I spend 20 minutes going to Wal-Mart, my best Friend's house, church or ANY fast food places. So I spend alot of my money on gas to drive around. So yeah if I moved near my friend's house and was 5 mintues from her, I would only be 5 mintues from Wal-mart and everything else.
2) NOT HAVING A DISHWASHER - Sorry I hate not having a dishwasher!
3) It is VERY small - I am turning down right now in 2009 $1059 for a little 2/1 Apartment probably about 800 sq feet. My room is SO small that we hate it.
4) Forfeiting up all of my BAH. (BAH is the money the army pays us for housing but if you live onpost you have to give it all up)

Okay on to moving off Post
Pros
1) Living close to everything like I said before!
2) Having a dishwasher!!!!!!!!! This will Christmas to me!!!
3) Being about to save some BAH! (Like if I get BAH of $1056 and my rent is only $700 I save money)
4) Having a nicer place!

Cons
1) this is what is keeping me for doing it now - Deposits!!! It will cost me to move out of here, deposit for the place and to get electricity on. So yeah I need the money for deposits!
2) Moving! Which I am not afraid of I actually love moving and I get bored easily.
3) Having more bills like electricity and gas, trash, water, & sewer.

So there you go that are my choices and you can see why it might be hard cause the pros and cons are pretty equal and I don't have a clue what to do!

But there is always to other choices:
1) Pay the $500 to housing and just move to another bigger house on post with a dishwasher.
2) Put all my stuff in storage and go to Texas....hum!

So now I got to make a choice.......and if you know me you know I can't stand making choices epically with out Jeremy around. And if I try to ask him his answer is...."Baby, do what ever makes you happy!"
UGH! I hate that..... I want some one to TELL me what to do! LOL!

Anyways, if you got any advice I would love to hear it or tell me what you might do. Thanks!





2 comments:

Cindy Howard said...

I don't want to tell you what you should do. I am not much help, but I will wish you good luck.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help with where you will be happier. Of course we would like it if you were in Texas but I know you have friends and a nice life there too.
Love Dad