Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day one at the Gym

That is right, I hit the gym today. So one goal while my husband is away is get in shape, lose weight and learn to enjoy it. So, Jeremy has been gone 16 days and I still have not even started my goal. I kept making up excuses like maybe I should wait till after the holidays, start in the new year and things like that. So today or better tonight I was bored and wanted to get out of the house but had no money, so what shall I do. I know go to the gym, but really, alone. But I brave myself and did it. I was scared at first, sorry I feel like the big fat person there cause for some reason it seem like the everyone at the gym is already in shape... Does anyone else feel like that? LOL! Anyways, I did it and got over my fear of going to the gym.
So I did the treadmill and was able to do ONE mile in 27:43. I don't know if that is bad or not for me being 29 and never really run in my life. So I am proud that it was under 30 minutes. Hopefully I could do 2 miles in that time by next year. I also went to the weight room with the machines. I don't know anything about free weights but I can find things to do on the mechanics. Anyways, that is where I was beginning to doubt myself and think maybe I should just leave. But I close my eyes to do another life and I swear i could here my husband voice like he was like there telling me not to give you and that he was proud of me. After that I was feeling great to keep working out. So I did more legs, arms and crunches. Then I decide to go back to the cardio room and end with some bike. But, on my way I hear a terrible noise. Some how the fire alarm went off so everyone had to leave the building. They said we did not HAVE to leave but they close in a hour, but it will be awhile cause they have to wait till MPs and fire deptartment comes and clear the building before anyone could come back in;. So, there is no telling how much time we would have so I decide not to sit around in the freezing cold to wait. I think I had a good workout. 55 minutes was good enough for me. Now, lets see if I could do this everyday. Wish me luck!

0 comments: