Thursday, December 17, 2009

I am glad That is over

Sunday Morning -( December 13, 2009) A date that I will always remember. It was a cold, rainy, and foggy morning. I guess the weather knew how our emotions were going to be and made the weather the same way. LOL! It was a long morning of standing around and knowing what was coming when ever the command decide to call for formation. I think I did good. If you know me, you know I can't stand to cry around people so I normal just say bye but some time later it will hit me and that is when I actually start crying. I don't like others to see me cry. Anyways, they called them to formation and let them know they had 20 minutes to say goodbye or see you later to their families. While Jeremy was in formation I was standing on the side and I looked over at his Sergent's wife and children and his little girl (who is around 7) is crying so hard, that my heart broke for her and I let the tears fall. Same thing when Jeremy saw her crying that was when he lost it too, but before he had to actually leave we had each other laughing again and thinking positive. So that was it! And now he is gone!

So now I just put a stamp on myself has a real Army Wife going though my 1st Deployment. How am I doing? I am doing good! Sunday it never hit me cause he called me a couple of times and after we said goodbye I was busy getting ready for church and 2 hours in the nursery with 17 children will keep you so busy you don't have time to think...LOL! Monday and Tuesday I was with my friend helping her Christmas shop for her son and hanging out. Well Tuesday night I had my first "OH MY GOSH....he is GONE!" moment. I left her house and drove on post, well we always call each other when we get back on post to let them know we are almost home. Well, I picked up my phone and started dialing his number and about the time I hit call it hit me he what am I doing? he aint going to answer. And I was like what do I do now I am out of routine but I just put the phone down and drove home. So that is the only time I been like I miss him.
Yesterday morning I did get to talk to him over Facebook chat cause since he is in Kuwait they have computers for them to use. So that was nice. Right now time feels like it is going so slow and at this rate 12 months will be a lifetime but I know after the holidays it will speed up. Right now thinking about the holidays is when i know I am going to miss him, cause I will be alone for Christmas and New Years Eve. I keep telling myself Christmas is over and I am thinking of taking the tree down but New Years I dont know. It is not like we have every done anything on New Years Eve, last year we even went to bed before midnight...lol.... I thought about going home for the holidays and staying until after Caleb and Parker's birthdays, but don't really have the money right now so that is out of the question. Oh, well... I will get though it!!!

Also I just want to say is, that I am proud of my husband and I support him. I am not mad that he is away. He joined after 9/11 when we knew the chances of going over seas would be high... then got station at Fort Stewart... one of top (not the top) deploy able units. I am just so happy that I got him home for as long has I did. I support him and will continue to support him! I love him and miss him... But I know he is doing what he sign up to do and he is excited so I stand by and will be excited for him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mandy!

I will be praying for you. I have never lived as a military family, much less the wife of an active military man. My husband was in the Army for 8 years, but chose to get out.

You will be strong! Allow yourself to miss him, though - it will be good for you. I pray that the next 12 months do fly by for you, and that before you turn around, it will be December again. Hopefully you'll get to save up some this year and come home to be with your family some... You hang in there girl!

-Melissa

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know you are doing well. I told Jeremy we will pray for him every day...Dad