Saturday, October 24, 2009

Yard Sales

Wow, what a deal! Once upon a time I hate to go to yard sales so bad. I thought to be "cool" you did not shop at them. I remember telling my mother.. "no, please don't stop" She never listen to me and always stopped anyways and I always refused to get out there is nothing I would EVERY need from a yard sale. Now, 15 years later....I LOVE YARD SALES! yes I said it! Anything to save a buck or two or more.
The good thing about living on a military installation is they have twice a year a post wide yard sale. Awesome it takes you hours and that is not even stopping at every house. You never know what you will find. To bad me and my friend stopped looking cause we ran out of money before we every even finished half the houses. But, I had cash of what I wanted to spend and not a penny more. Anyways I am excitied with what I got.
Here is what I got:

  1. A Tall Lamp/Light - $3.00 normally $10
  2. A Care for my neighbor girl that is sick - $1.00 normally $10.00
  3. "Fast and the Furious 1 and 2" DVDs and DVD "The Greatest Game Every Played" (This was my gift for Jeremy) $5.00 for all 3. Normally at least $15.00
  4. A wire shoe rack - $3.00 normally $10-15.
  5. A Tall Black DVD shelf - $4.50 normally $15.00
  6. And my steal of the Day and the one thing that I am proud to get: A Bissell Little Green with the Heat Stream. The lady said that she had only use it maybe twice still almost brand new, in the box, with all parts and instruction book. I been wanting one of these to do my couches and mattress and spots on the floor. So how much did I pay? Well lets say I went to Wal-mart after I left yard saling and they had it for $99.98. So I paid.......drum roll please.......$25.00 that was it. I feel I save alot there! Jeremy was proud of me. LOL!

So, anyways, just wanted to share my way of saving money.....yard sales! I spent a totally of $41.50 on stuff that my house needed to make it more like a home. I save at least $118.50. WOW! that is crazy. Anways, enough! Just thought I would share!

1 comments:

Cindy Howard said...

Hi Amanda.
I am sorry I haven't called. My phone broke the Sunday I got your number and then I came to my parents (where I still am). I hope we can still go walking sometime.
I haven't done anything here, and Isaac said he's lost ten pounds, it's not fair.
I wish I could have gone to the yard sales! I was looking forward to it. Taylor got sick and didn't get out till Saturday, so I didn't make it. Glad you found some things.