Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We did IT!

YAY! We did it, we did it!
Okay I will stop singing Dora... that is the song she sings at the end when they get to where ever they were going! But we did it, or should I say I did it.
I made it though October, as I speak Jeremy is on a birdie somewhere over the US on his way back to beautiful Georgia. So, yes I made it fine here alone for a month and I have to say it was not THAT bad. Of course I missed him and I miss having someone to do the little things with. So, how did I do with my goals....lol...laugh if you will I did not succeed at ALL of them but some of them I did conquer and proud that I did.
I got my house and the car clean. Everyone keeps telling me my house looks different all clean and the fact that I did the true military wife thing and rearranged the living room. My friend told me after the fact that you are not a true army wife unless when they leave for awhile you rearranged the house. I did not lose any weight or start exercising. Oh well! I have became very crafty and I will post pictures once my hubby gets back with the camera. I did paint and make the sea shell picture frame now I just got to get a picture of us at the beach. I also bought a shadow box and took all my medals from twirling from when I was 3 to 18 and make a nice display. I even got pictures of me at different ages twirling! I am proud of it!! Yesterday I made Halloween sugar cookies but I did not have Halloween color sprinkles so I just use food coloring to make some of the dough orange for pumpkins and some dough black for witches' hat and bats and cats. Then I left some dough along and made ghosts out of it. The black cookies don't look that good though but oh well Jeremy will eat them! LOL!
So anyways yay I made it though a month and I have learn that I am independent again. I just know when he leaves for Iraq I will be okay that I can handle anything...okay maybe not Anything but I will find someone who can!!!!
Oh, and I started classes this week I did my first quiz for sociology and I got 100% I was so shocked. I have never been a good student and always said I wished I would had worry more about school work then I did about guys and band in high school. I passed everything and was A and B honor roll but I think if I would had applied my self just a little harder I could had done better. Oh well, lesson learned so this time I am trying harder to applied myself a little more!
Okay, well off to study before I got to start getting dressed to go pick him up... Later!!

2 comments:

~ Katie ~ said...

way to go Amanda!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there I know you will make it. You continue to impress me with your strength and maturity... Dad