Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just Say No

Just Say No....Isn't that the saying that we are taught in Elementary school?! The only different is about drugs but I think they should say that we need to say No to other things in our life. Does anyone else out there have trouble saying "No"?? I have always had this problem espically when it comes to friends cause I always have this feeling that if I say no they dont want to be friends with me no more. I can't say No so I end up saying yes to everything and before I know it I am loading my plate with more then I can handle and before I know it I am dealing with stress and frustation that I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Does anyone else do this? Today for example I had a really crazy day. I had a doctor appointment that took forever between the actual appointment and waiting the hour at the pharmacy to get the medicine it took almost 3 hours. Well last night my neighbor's friend ask if I would babysit today for her. Well before I finished at the hosiptal she is calling me asking where I was so I started stressing cause even though she told me 1pm she actually wanted to drop her off at 12:15. But lucky my neighbor was home and agree to watch her until I could get there. Then I had maintance come by because my glass patio doors wont slide open. So they figured out it needed new rollers well in the simple process of getting that fixed they scattered the glass. Now, a simple job was taking twice as long. Anyway, also my other neighbor, friend, from across the way called to see if I could watch her puppy while she went to a meeting. Again I could not say no. So I had my dog, my friends dog, this 18 month old girl and 2 maintance guys hammering away with this big whole in my wall from the doors being off. Crazy! Then my neighbor wants to come over and use the computer so that is fine but she brings her daughter and her dog. So now my house was a crazy zoo: 3 dogs, 2 children, 2 adults, and 2 maintance techs. I think I started pacing around my room. I was getting so stressed, if only I would have just said NO. So yeah that is my life. I do this alot say yes and then when I am in the middle of it I regret saying yes. I got to learn to say NO! No, all of you friends don't be afraid of asking me for anything now just because I wrote this cause I love to help others. Just if I say no don't be offened, cause the timing might not be good or something else is going on! Okay so am I just werid to have this problem or does anyone else??? Please share!

0 comments: