Friday, January 30, 2009

I HATE making Decisions

Okay for all of you people that know me I hate making decisions. I hate it I hate it. I will sit on the side of the road until you tell me where you want to eat, Dont tell me "you pick" cause I won't I will just pull over and wait. Yes I have a bad problem with that because I let everyone else make my choices. I don't know why I just can't make decisions. It use to drive my best friend Amanda up the wall when we dorm together at college. (Yes, we lived together and had the same name and have been friends since Jr High). Anyways, where am I going with this. To this: Now, I have to make a decision the Dr won't make it for me.
Okay we got the result back from the Sperm test and it was okay not great but now with in working area. He does not think that it has approve enough to be able to get pregnant the complete natural way. We now could try the artificial way, but he says there is no guarantee on that. And once we say we are going to try the unnatural way, tricare (our insurance) will not pay for anything, the medicine he needs, my medicine or the procedure. So he said that would cost about $500 each month to try. $500 just to try. Yeah we could easily save up for a month but if it does not work that is $500 for nothing. To do that for a year would cost $6,000. Then the other thing that the Dr thinks is the best thing to do is just save up for the IVF which again Tricare does not cover and it cost around $10,000 here in Savannah. The Dr thinks that that would work 90%. So that is our choices with that.
On other similar news, we went Tuesday to an information classes about adoption and foster care though the state of Georgia. Alot of my question was answered that we could adoption/foster living on post and him being in the Army. The lady was actually happy about that because they love families on post. So that was good. I think we might look into this option until we have just have lots of money laying around to do the two other options to have our own child. Anyways if we do this we have to decide if we want to just be foster where you might have the child just for different periods of time, or do we want to adopted. And has the lady explain have that child with us forever. Like I said before I hate making decisions. I love input so please leave it. Well, I am going to shut up for today. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions,

5 comments:

Adam said...

Adoption is where it's at. Those kids need/deserve a home just as much as any other kid. Fostering is really complicated and troublesome.

Joel and Crystal said...

Wow! Lots to think about. The only input I have is to take it to Heavenly Father in prayer. And I think it's awesome that you are considering all of this. Children are wonderful!

~ Katie ~ said...

Hey girl! I totally feel your "pain"- and look at the decision I ended up making in the end. First, all I can say is you and Jeremy need to sit down and pray your little hearts out for what it is that God want you guys to do. Then you both need to talk about how you feel about each option. I'm going to encourage the adoption/foster to adopt option because that's what we're going to do..lol! No really. There is nothing wrong with adopting, and that way you can A) finally be a mom, B) save up to have a natural child if y'all still want and C) finally be a mom. :)

We're still in the deciding phase- do we adopt a baby, do we adopt from the foster system, do we adopt internationally?? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Who would have thought me, you and Sunny would be in this boat huh?

Keep your spirits up. I'm praying for you guys.

Sunni said...

I'd say go for the adoption process. I think fostering and having to give the kids away later would just be to hard. Save up for the IVF, Dale and I are trying to do that. I may end up flying back to Germany in a year or so for IVF, it is so much cheaper here, plus I have people I can stay with. Good luck Amanda.

Anonymous said...

I heard tricare pays for CERTAIN treatments and if you go to a different country sometimes they pay for it to like if he gets stationed in Italy or Germany. Fertility treatments are way less over there. You have to really research it. I wouldn't waste $500 a month. I would rather waste 10k and have a better show. That's a decision though you have to make. At least if it's the wrong one it's nobody's fault but yours.lol

Being a foster parent is like a source of income I think because they pay you to be a foster parent.

Andrea - your new Ft. Stewart friend