Friday, July 16, 2010

Cooking and Food

Okay so I have this new adventure bone in my body and that has to do with cooking and eating! Okay anyone that knows my family knows that us "Haynes" are a very picky family. I think each one of us are picky and a different area too, I will eat one thing but my brother might not but sister will or the other way around. We are just all picky! lol! Well, after R&R I want to stop that for me! I want to become a better eater! My husband (the future cook) loves food and loves all ethic foods and has a wife that he loves so he never gets to enjoy those foods he craves. So I am hoping to open my eyes to other foods and try new things. As hard as it might be I know I need to do it! I must just stay positive and think about why I want to do it and I might find my next "Favorite" thing! lol!

With that being said I also have this idea of learning to cook healthier or find a way to cook what I like using fresh ingredient and not out of a box. Also if I can find a healthier way to make junk food then I am all for it! lol! Like I saw the other day that you can make brownies out of beans? never knew that?! Really wanting to try it but need a good receipt or someone that has actually tried them?! Anyone got one??
Also I have a goal in August to begin learning how to decorate cakes. Which will be hard for me since I don't really eat cake... I just am not a cake eater but LOVE to decorate them. Is that wrong? Maybe I will start making one every 2 weeks and give them out?! So if I show up at your house that looks weird ignored it I was just practicing! lol! I plan on signing up for the classes at Michaels or AC Moore I just dont want to have to drive every week to Savannah but hey you got to do what you got to do. Anyone want to sign up with me so I can have a partner for the drive? Speaking of cakes on this show the other day that I like called "Cupcakes War" (I think) One of the contestants made all vegan cakes and the judges was amazed on how great they tasted. They had a whole store of just vegan cakes. I was shocked and now that makes me want to try a vegan cake. Some thing else to try!
Also, I have to add I really really want to start making my own bread. I just got to learn how to start small and how to get started. At church we had a cake making class and I have to say I was shocked with how good the bread turned out. The bread was a Honey wheat bread. Now you are talking about someone that A) never eats wheat bread b) HATES honey and normally never even try anything with honey. But remember my new goal of trying things I tried it and all I can say is OMG!!! It was so good. I would love love love to have that everyday. And I can I just have to start making it. So another thing to learn and work on improving.

So now that I listed all of that: Is anyone interesting and being my cook and teacher? lol

4 comments:

Wendy Hillin said...

I would love to help you learn to cook new things...one small problem you live far away from me...I LOVE cooking and have been cooking since I was like 6 years old. I use to make my pawpaw banana bread all the time...cooking is a stress relief for me...Tommy always tries to cook but the more he talks about stuff I just gotta prove that I can do it!! lol...anyway I was mad the other day and went in the kitchen and an hour late we were eatin gumbo...yummy...thats just the way I am...haha

Wendy Hillin said...

I would love to help you learn to cook new things...one small problem you live far away from me...I LOVE cooking and have been cooking since I was like 6 years old. I use to make my pawpaw banana bread all the time...cooking is a stress relief for me...Tommy always tries to cook but the more he talks about stuff I just gotta prove that I can do it!! lol...anyway I was mad the other day and went in the kitchen and an hour late we were eatin gumbo...yummy...thats just the way I am...haha

Wendy Hillin said...

oooppsss hit the button twice lol

scr said...

You do not know me, but Jeremy does. We grew up in the same ward. I read your blog from time to time and hope Jeremy stays safe while he is over seas. If you are serious about the healthy cooking thing, I can help. That is "my thing." I am the oldest Jeter girl. He should know me and if not - bop him on the head for me! Sarah