Friday, July 16, 2010

Army Anniversary!

Okay so this is a little late but I just wanted to share! July 11th was Jeremy anniversary date from joining the army in 2007 (I love it: 7-11-07). I just wanted to share that I can not believe that it has been 3 years since he left for Basic training. Which starts me thinking about the last 3 years and how much our lives have changed. I mean if you ask me 5 years ago if I thought I would have every been living in Georgia I would had been like no way. But look at me I have been here 3 years and loving it.

Thinking about 3 years ago and I just want to share some stories of Jeremy joining. Okay so we we on a "date" to the Utah Blaze football game at the Delta Center and we were walking around the booths the arena area and there was a Army booth giving away shirts if you could do some push ups... of course my husband stops and tries it. So of course the recruiter starts talking and my husband then tells him he is interested. I remember the shocked on my face but I can't say it was really shocked I knew it was coming, we had mention it a few times before but never made a move on it. So anyways the recruiter gave us some pamphlets and so we talked about it during the game. Yes I don't remember anything about the game just talking and every time I had a question he would run and go ask. lol... so after Jeremy got up and went and ask about 4 questions the recruiter just made an appointment to come meet with us and that was the start of it all.
I also wants to say that we had a camping trip to Bryce Canyon in Utah plan has a goodbye trip for right after July 4th because we did not think he would leave that soon after taking the ASAVB test. But no he actually left one week later so we never got to go on that trip; so has a joke I still tell him he owes me a camping trip to Bryce Canyon!! lol

Anyways I wanted to share some pictures of Jeremy:

This is Jeremy in Basic July 200


This is Jeremy now May of 2010 in Iraq
Wow! What a journey!?!?!

0 comments: