Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Down on the Redbud Farm

Okay so this past weekend was the 38th Annual Redbud Festival. No, it is not down on a farm that was just the theme of the festival for this year. Anyways, growing up this day was always a busy day and a exciting day. When I was really young I was in the Little Miss Fireman pageant that is that night so I got to ride on cars and wave and throw candy. Then at the age of 3 I begin taking Twirling lessons so it was a normal thing to march in the parade. Then in Jr. High I was in band and same thing in High school. I was 19 before I every got to watch the parade so it is nice now just to enjoy it. But things have change with it. As a teenager you spent all day riding rides hanging out with your friends, eating so much food you were sick, and spending the whole day in the sun. This year I only spent 2 hours up there and was SO ready to head home. I guess I am getting old. Anyways, this year my sister-in-law, Kim, bought her nephews and niece to the Parade and festival so I hung out with them to try to help with the kidos.
Anyways, here are some pictures of the day:

We are all waiting on the Parade to start.


The official start of the parade; the Jasper County Sheriff Department.




And what is a Parade without the pride of the
Cougar Pride Marching Band
(But sorry I remember the band in the high days of the late 90s
and very disappointed now)



Parker watching the parade and wanting to run for candy.


Now this brings me WAY back. I use to be one of these "Patsy's Twirlettes"
I did this for years!


The kids enjoying the parade and noticing the HUGE amount of candy collected!


Now it was time to head off to the festival:
Parker the festival was a little to much, so he fell fast asleep but only sleep for about 20 minutes.


Taylor, Tucker, Hunter and Parker in matching shirts enjoying the
good old carnival food!


Speaking of food; what is a festival without some good food??
So here is a picture of my brother's Turkey leg
(I did later eat the left overs and it was good)


A yummy Sausage on A Stick!
As a child this was my favorite thing at redbud!


Align CenterYou also have to have the sugar treats and nothing beats this
A Funnel Cake covered in Powder Sugar!!!



You also got to play the Duck Game!
I got all the children to play cause I knew they would love it!
Parker quite did not understand but nether-less he enjoyed splashing in the water.
The carnival guy for once was not a jerk and tried to rip us off and was very fair.
He gave all the children nice prices.
Parker got a Tail-less monkey, Hunter & Tucker got big yellow balls
Taylor received a I-Carly Microphone and Meredith got a nemo fish.


Wishes that I could be here for next year but the way our plans is going for next year I wont be able to.

0 comments: