Thursday, March 25, 2010

There Is No Place Like Home

Dorthy said it perfectly in the "Wizard of Oz" there is no place like home. But, what is home? Since I have been here at Fort Stewart, I said this was home but when I decide to go to Texas, I called it a trip home. Then after a few days in Texas I was ready to head "home". How can you have two homes? So I been thinking. Buna, Texas will always be my home, I love it there. Life feels so simply and calm. I guess it is just the country in the air. I grew up there and some times it feels like I never left, well other then me not knowing the people now.
But, now I do consider Fort Stewart, GA my home.. Why? Cause after being in Texas it makes you realized what you do have here. I kinda feel like I put my life on hold when I went on vacation and now back I have to get back to my life. My life is here in Hinesville, GA. I have my house and my stuff and MY BED!!!! I feel comfortable here...and I dont have to share the washer with anyone. I have friends here and my school is here. I love the friends I have here even though I miss my family I guess Fort Stewart is a home away from home!

Anyways, So I am back in Georgia and so Happy to be back but I have a mile long list of things that I want to get done in the Next 3 months before Georgia comes home for R&R. Anyone wants to help????
1) Tomorrow grocery shop and stock the house again with everyday things
2) Go talk to the College and get signed up for some classes and get them out of the way!
3) Get my house clean and organized
4) & then with number 3 I want to remodel and redecorated my whole house....PLEASE HELP!!
5) Make a big batch of Homemade spaghetti sauce and can them so I will be stocked on that.

That are my main things I want to do right now.... I really need some ideals with the redecorating I have some ideals but I like a second opinion!

Anyways, well I had a lot of fun in Texas...Thanks to everyone that I saw for the good times. I am glad I had lots of time to spend with family and thanks Adam and Kim for letting me watch Parker and spend a couple of nights at your house! I enjoyed it! So keep in touch!

Oh, and Also I want to give a shot out to my sister-in-law Kim for the awesome job she did with my blog! I love it and wants to say Thanks!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

sorry that all the blogs on the right got deleted!!:) glad you like it!

Cindy Howard said...

I have been meaning to tell you how much I like your blog. Wish I could figure out how to change the font on my blog. I tried and gave up.