Sunday, February 28, 2010

Texas


YAY! Only 3 more days, well actually 2 now till I am heading to the beautiful state of Texas. Yes, I miss Texas but what I miss more is the food! Texas has the BEST food. I will probably eat so much and gain so much weight but trust me it is so worth it, epically when you never know when you will have it again. I will do anything for some Tex-Mex (Mexican in Texas but to the rest of the world it is Tex-Mex). I been dieing for some of Casa Ole Salsa, Chile Con queso, and cheese enchiladas. Also I will love to have my hands on some fried Catfish....yes CATFISH! Then you can't forget the joys of living next to Louisiana and the joys of CAJUN foods. Yummy; Baudoin (smoked or balls), some yummy Jamayla, gumbo,.... okay I am making myself hungry. Then I can't forget my dad's yummy streak fingers or Frito Pie. So yeah there is my list of Texas food and all my friends in Georgia you wonder why I hate the food around here.


So another exciting reason to come home now is Redbud. I get to go to Redbud this year. I have to admit I have not been to a Redbud festival since 2005 and that is just a WOW for me. Okay for yeah that are wondering what is Redbud festival. In little ole Buna, TX on the second Saturday in March everyone comes out of the wood works and all people that have every live in Buna all come home for a Redbud festival. Why it does sounds like any other towns festival, the Redbud festival it nice to see old friends and people of the community. It starts off with a parade. The parade for me growing up was also fun, and actually I was 19 the first time I actually got to stand on the side of the street and Enjoy the parade. Yes at a young age my parents put me in pageants so I rode a car or float. Then at the age of 4 I started twirling and then march with the twirlers from Patsy's school. Then in Junior High I started Band and then marched with the Band. Then it was high school Band! Then my last year as a Senior I march with the Buna High School band then had my twirling uniform under the band uniform and had a car at the end of the route....drive back to the beginning and march again with the twirling studio I was in. So yeah I loved being in the parade, but now it is nice just to stand and cheer. Then the rest of the day at the school they have booths that see some really cool stuff anything from homemade candles, soaps, wood crafts and stuff. Then the food.... yummy food! My favorite has a kid was always a sausage on a stick and funnel cake. Oh, and then if it is a hot year getting snow cones. Yes the weather is always funny at Redbud festivals. One year it would be so hot you be in shorts and the next year you are in sweaters and coats. So we never knew how it would be. There is also a little traveling carnival with the basic rides, big hit when kids or high school but don't really care now. Also they have little things that go on too which I have never been big fans of like a Miss Buna Pageant, Rodeo, and other things. So I am excited to go back and just wished Jeremy to go and enjoy it with me but oh well.

So now I am excitied I guess I better get up and actually get things ready to go....lol.... I have not even started packing or anything. So I better get started soon. I leave Wednesday! Monday I got to take the care to get oil change and everything checked out. I also have to get some luggage too at walmart. I also need to go to the hosiptal and get some medicines refill so I guess I run all my errands Monday and Tuesday I finalized the packing and then drop off my Dog at Corina's and then get some good sleep. So then I will be on my way!

So YAY! I am heading to Texas!

1 comments:

Cindy Howard said...

Have fun! Post all about it!