Monday, March 29, 2010

Day One

Okay , so today did not go has plan. Today was going to be my first day of really trying to change my life around. I had plan on it being my first day with no fast food or sodas... (That is right...no more sodas for me) I plan on working around the house and then this afternoon head out to the track and start my walking. But here is what happen:


I was awaken at 8am by hearing men talking right outside my bedroom window, kinda scary. It was maintenance and they are doing some kind of digging work by my house. So I went and laid on the couch...till 9am when the doorbell rung and it was them again telling me they were turning the electricity off in a little while for a couple of hours. Great what am I going to do....I yelled out loud" okay I get the hint I am up" But before I could get to making me anything to eat the lights went out. Oh well, so I thought I would use this time to go get registrar for some college classes so I can get on track and work on my college stuff. Okay so Central Texas College is getting on my nerves and don't every help me. I explain that I need to register and they told me to go home and do it online...and I was like I just got my old transcript evaluated and needed to know how to read it and what classes I still need. So they told me to go upstairs really fast and print it out so I go upstairs but did not have my Military ID on me so I was handing back to the car to get it when I realized that they had close the CTC office with a sign that they have gone to lunch. OMG! She could had said something about that before she sent me up there. So then I had to kill 30 minutes to wait on them. And I was hungry so I gave in and went to Taco Bell. There the truck in front of me at the window died and it took him 10 minutes to move it out of the way so I could pull up and get my food and move on.

Anyways, back at the Education center I ended up going up and down the stairs I think 5 times last time ended with me going up and taking a algebra test. LOL! I remembered some stuff from 10 years ago but others I just wanted to laugh. But I have aways and will aways hate fractions. I can't do them and have never been able to. I can solve for x just not with a fraction in their. LOL! Oh, yeah I had no clue with the factor part either. I guess this is the math we don't really use in our daily life....or at least I don't!

Anyways, so I am registrar and paid for one class to start in April...>Government! This will be fun epically now. I HATE THE GOVERNMENT AND ANYTHING POLITICS but I have to take 2 classes so I better try to like it. So if you are good let me know cause I will be needing all the help I can get. Still trying to decide to do a Math, or something more interesting to me like a Child Psychology class...I don't know!

Anyways....well even with my crazy day and yes I had a coke icee...but I am still going to go to the track. It is starting to cool off outside so I am thinking of changing my clothes and heading out now. I am wondering if i could walk 2 miles in a little over 30 minutes??? I don't know we will see how I do... I can't give up on the first day can I????
Anyways more updates later on how the learning to run and losing weight is going! I might even start a blog about it.

2 comments:

~kiMbeRLy~ said...

The first day is always the hardest! Every time I say I am going to do something...that is the day my world falls apart! We just have to get up tomorrow and start over! Good Luck!

~ Katie ~ said...

Good luck Amanda! What are you majoring in?