Saturday, August 13, 2011

I hate Airplanes!!!!

Well, I have decide this blog I would write about my adventure here in Germany. So here is the first day!

I hate airplanes and never want to do this again...lol. but I guess one day I will have to head back to the US one day.

So my first flight from Hobby to Dallas/Fort Worth was great! I got to sit by myself and by the window and it only being 45 minute flight just sit back and enjoy the ride. Then in Dallas I decided instead of riding the skylink I would just walk since I had the time. Bad mistake it was a LONG walk. But, hey I made it and check in to make sure that was the right flight. They were going to start boarding in a few minutes so got me a power aide and call some family and then prepared to board the plane. I was nervous but this military family behind that were returning to Germany from an vacation in the US help easy my nerves cause the 4 year old keep talking to me and the 13 year old was telling me what she loves about living in Germany. So that helped.
Well, I got on the plane and my seat was 36G which is an aisle seat. Anyone that knows me well knows that I can't stand sitting next to strangers and the idea of being stuck in the middle would scare the living daylights out of me so I ask when the Army book my ticket. Well I found my seat and a little boy was sitting in it. I kinda looked at the parent sitting 2 seat over and before I said a word she said "Yes, I know that is NOT his seat but he is sitting there, so go find your own seat" First of all I am shocked on how rude this person was I mean without asking or anything. So I get the Steward to come over. She repeats the statement and is shocked too. So he was finally able to find out that the little boy seat was behind that row but in the middle. So the steward ask if I would mind sitting there.

My worst fear was about to happen, stuck sitting between 2 old guys. I was standing there thinking how in the world am I going to be able to squeeze in here they each had their stuff on the floor in front of them and worst how am I going to get out to walk around or go to the rest room? Well the guy on the right stood up and there was some empty seat so he ask and the the steward said he can sit there unless someone else comes on. Well, they said that was everyone so I lucked out and got an aisle seat. That was so nice. Well, because of all that I did not realized after I got settle that it was past time to take off should have been 2:30. The captain came on and said that he was sorry we were supposed to leave 10 minutes ago but they are trying to fix a part. Then at 3 he came back and said that they don't have the part and would have have to go get it across the airport so we will take off at 3:30. Great an whole hour on the plane and yet left. lol.... Anyways still was not fix then but we finally got off the ground at 4:16 .. a whole 2 hours after we were supposed to leave.

During the flight it was okay other then the family in front of me .. the little boy keep jumping and banging the seat back, and him and his sister keep screaming and hitting the call button. The Steward had to come over lots of times and ask them to sit and be quiet. The mother had headphones on and sleeping. But anyways when we got to Germany we spent 30 minutes up in the air circling around waiting on our turn to land. I never thought I would see land again...lol
Anyways, I was nevous and just follow the people to get though custody and baggage claim. Then I had no clue where to go to meet Jeremy cause unlike the US they can't even get into the baggage area. But, lucky he was right out there. So then we went to USO and waited on the bus to give us a ride to the base. Which was nice with internet and free calls but it was the middle of the night in the US.
So on the bus for about the first 30 minutes I was enjoying the ride and the beauty but I was so tired I slept. There was no one in the back of the bus with us so I laid across two seats and slept the rest of the way just waking up once when we went though this town.
So we got to base and got me check in, my ID fix so we can get me on post, get ficancial fix, and went and got my welcoming package. I was so hungry and across the street was Burger King so that is where we ate a late lunch. Yeah my first meal in Germany was Burger King, how lame am I...lol. Anyways after that we came to the house and I slept for HOURS! So that is my story of my journey to this new world...lol

0 comments: