Sunday, August 14, 2011

Downtown & The Market

Well, Yesterday (Saturday) was my first full day in Germany. I was hoping today I would begin not to feel so lost and confused. Jeremy has a routine that every Saturday he goes downtown to the markets to get his produce and meats for the month. Also, we needed to find a company that we can set an phone and internet with. So, I decided to go with him downtown and get out of the house. We walked to where the cabs are then took a cab downtown, we were going to take a bus back but the wait was too long so we took a cab back to. We also went to the mall while we was downtown walking around. After downtown and the market we came back home and rest for a little while then Jeremy took me over to Ledward Barracks and showed me where the ACS, library, PXextra, PX and shopette was. It was a lot of walking but I made it.

So here are some of the things I notice today about Germany:
*While they have a BIG sidewalk to walk on there is a line down the middle because one side is for bikes and the other for people
* Euros- I don't know if I will every figure this out
* When you buy something in any store they do not give you bags they just hand the stuff back to you. You see alot of people with baskets and backpack.
* Dogs everywhere - it is nothing to walk in a clothing store and see people with their dogs in there
* Fresh produce market smells wonderful
* Driving in Germany is starting not to look has scary has I thought it would be
*Fresh Bakery smell amazing and the breads looks so wonderful
* It is weird to walk into a German store and see stuff we are use to but it written in German, like Oreos or Ritter Chocolate.
*Keyboards are different! At the internet store the guy needed our email address so he handed me the keyboard and I went to type but could not find the shift key or the "Y" key. The guy saw what I was looking for and showed me the "Y" key is on the bottom row that is when it hit me oh yeah this is a German keyboard!
* I miss AC! Just wanted to say that! But I do love the weather here!
* Oh yeah, I never know what time it is... it stay bright outside till like 9pm and at 6:30am this morning it was bright outside again... I did not believe what time it was...which is why I am up at 7am writing this. lol

Well, I don't have anything else to say right now but keep checking back I will be adding pictures soon!

0 comments: