Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's a Plane

So, yesterday I took Jeremy to Houston Airport to send him on his way to Germany. He was so nervous and scared but I know it will be be great. That is always the feeling when moving to a new place. So we took Rebeka so she could say bye and finally get to see a airport and airplanes. So she was so excited!

Getting to the airport was no problem and we actually got there way early. So we went in..oh my gosh it seem like we parked so far away and his bags were heavy. But we got there and got him checked in. The lady was so sweet and did not charge him for his bags and even gave us a pass so we can go in to the gate to say goodbye. So we went straight in though the gates. We got to go walk around the airport and watched the airplanes take off and land. Beka was so excited. Then we went to have McDonald's for lunch cause it was J's last time to eat in America...lol.. Then it was time for his plane to board so we said our goodbyes and took some pictures. (Which I dont have cause I did not bring my camera in so they are on J's camera). I have to say it was a easy goodbye but hard cause I wanted to go with him. I know he is going first is a good thing and will make things less stressful for me.
So anyways he is now there and got settled in to his unit. When I talked to him he sounded very tired and said that he got no sleep on the plane due to 2 crying babies behind him. But he was okay. So now I just sit and wait. He is enjoying the in-processed and figuring out life in Germany. I can't wait to join him but hopefully it will be soon!

0 comments: