Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On the Road

Well, I thought I would blog that we made it to wonderful Texas. It was a very long trip was it was good. Lucky we were so blessed to have good weather on the trip. We were scared because when we were packing the car it began lighting all across the sky, then while we were locking up the house it began pouring raining. So we said a prayer and by the time we stopped for gas and snacks and went to Jeremy's unit to sign out he had stopped raining. Then from then on we never saw another lighting strike or any more rain. It is amazing that the Lord listens and answers our questions. I am thankful for that.

Well, here are some things I learned from the trip:

1) I will never try to leave for an 16 hours trip at midnight. It does not matter if you slept the day before, you are still going to be tired.
2) 909 Miles is WAY to far to go in one day. We will always take 2 days from now on. The last 8 hours was really hard. So we are leaving a day earlier to take 2 days to get back.
3) I can't sleep in a car. We keep trading off drivers but when it was my turn to sleep I was never able to actually sleep. Jeremy would be asleep in 10 minutes after I got behind the wheel.
4) Outside of Baton Rouge, LA there is an long bridge that goes over a marsh area. Well, at the beginning of it is a really cool rest stop. They had a little 4 minute video with talking animal dolls about the animals in the marsh. It was nice to be out of the car for awhile.
5) Louisiana is a very boring and long state to go straight though on I-10.


So, here are some of our pictures from our trip here. I will post posting some more of here and then when we head back. Enjoy!


Jeremy and Sweet Pea at the Mississippi Sign!



The tunnel you go though in Mobile, Alabama


The Alabama Sign.
Us at the Alabama Sign Rest Stop. We were just in the parking lot not in front of the sign.






1 comments:

Cindy Howard said...

I've gone on a trip to El Paso. My parents drove it in 24hrs. I didn't drive much, because supposedly I made a wrong turn and it took a little longer. I did drive over that long bridge.
Glad you guys made it safely.