Monday, September 14, 2009

Got Crabs?


Okay we are back home in Georgia now. The trip back home was a lot better. Taking 2 days to make it made it alot more enjoyable.
Well, our last day before we left Texas, we went crabbing with my Dad and Marie. I was not sure at all about this crabbing thing. Crabs have pinchers and that will hurt if they get me. So I agree to go but just thought I would watch and take pictures. Well after a while I decide that hey it don't look to bad just pull the rope up slowly and then while the crab is on the chicken tied to the rope just take you net and get it...lol. So, I did eventually get into it. And I have to say it was Fun!
Well, we caught about 18 big ones that we kept. Marie clean and cooked them. I did try a piece of the crab and just did not like it. It was just to much fishy taste for me. Anyways, Jeremy enjoyed it though. That is just up his alley, werid foods.

Well, here are some pictures!
Here is the view of the marsh that we went to.

Jeremy crabbing


Me and My Dad Crabbing (Jeremy took this one when I did not see)


One of our BIG crabs...The thing looks mean huh?!


THis is the finished product. A bunch of crabs and legs. Yummy!

Had a great time in Texas and Can't wait to head back. I love Texas! Glad to see all the family and friends that I was able to see in a short time. Hopefully next time I will be able to see everyone else. I also hopes that it won't be another year and half until I head back to Texas!

3 comments:

Just Mami said...

I love crabbing! The dinner looked delicious!

Unknown said...

hey!! I'm so glad you got to come back to good' ole Buna and Texas. Looks like y'all had a great trip! :-)

Cindy Howard said...

I like crab, but it's too much work to get the meat out. Glad you got back safely.