Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I can't Believe this show!

Okay, why do I find myself still watching the show even though I want to throw the remote at the TV. I guess that is how telvision works. LOL!
Anyways, has anyone else watch this kinda new show on TLC called Toodlers & Tiaras?? Okay so I did tonight with nothing else being on TV and I think it would be cute seeing little girls dress up. I been to pageants, I from Buna where there is abunch of them. I don't have anything agaist pageants, like the ones back at home. Okay your child wants to do a pageant (or you want them too) fine, go get a cute little dress and shoes and panty hose and brush their hair and put them on the stage. Simply as that. Shot, I have even seen pageants where it was casusal dress (which means you just get a Sunday style dress). SIMPLY!
No, this show they have the girls has young as 2 having to wear a swimsuit and shake their bottoms on a stage. They also show girls as young as 6 having to shave, do fake tanning, getting fake teeth (cause you know it is normally at age 6 to lose your baby teeth), get hair pieces, and think they are so perfect.
***Well, tonight one mother said that she had to do the fake tan on her daughter to help cover up her imperfects. Oh my gosh, I am sorry your daughter, age 7, was beautiful, who cares if she is a little white. I would never say that to a child.
***Second complain: The mothers that also put on a swimsuit and evening grown to be judge. At age 47 you dont need to be signing up for pageants. I am sorry. I am only 28 and I know I dont even want to think about having to go find some formal dress and doing all that jazz. I know being a Amry Wife it is going to come when I am going to have to attend a Military Ball, and trust me I am not looking forward to getting myself in a ball grown.

***Okay, third complain: The 2 year old little girl that they follow won 1st Runner up. That is kinda like 2nd place. You did not get crown but the little girl got a thorphy as big as her and she was happy. Oh no, the dad was ticked off. He was so mad and went off. The little girl was happy you would have not notice, but her dad keep telling her that she made too many mistakes and how bad she did. Why in the world would you tell that to a child????? I dont understand these people!
***Okay my 4th complain: If you want twirling to be your talent, then twirl the baton dont just hold it in the middles and wave it around. That is not twirling. Sorry I guess too many years doing it and I hate people that think it is easy just throwing it around. It is not there is a certain way you have to do it and a form to do it right.

Okay well, I am going to get off and shut up. I just dont think this is what we should be exposing our children too. They should be able to feel beautiful no matter how they look. Not everyone can look fake like actoress and models. Anyways I am shutting up. Sorry!

3 comments:

KeLi said...

OMG!! I so have seen that show and it is outrageous. That dad, I'm still not sure which way he swings, is all into the pageants. He even designs and sews her outfits. I totally agree with you when it comes to the little kids wearing a swimsuit. There has to be a place, as a parent, that you draw the line. It is funny to watch, but disturbing also. What happened to little "Fun" pageants??

-Keli Wells Hendon

Anonymous said...

People do not even think these days take care... Dad

Heather Guymon said...

Yeah I definitely can not bring myself to watch that show. I have seen many a commercial on it and the commercials themselves bug the heck out of me. It's so frustrating seeing the parents focus so much on physical beauty. It goes completely against what our church teaches young women...so sad. These girls will all grow up to have issues of some sort as a result of poor parenting tactics like these.