Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Accident

So I guess I can say that I have truly been injured in an accident now. Not saying that is something to brag about but, I was proud to never really be hurt or even in a major accident. Now I can't say that anymore.
It was Monday, I have just left a friend's house who lives off post. I came though the gate at 5:00 pm and the reason I know that is because I got stopped at the gate for retreat. For my nonmilitary friends. Retreat is when the US Flag is being lower at 5:00pm. The whole post is supposed to come to a stop. You have to stop your car and if a solider in uniform is in a car he has to get out and stand at attention in the direction of where the flag is located. Anyways so after that I was traveling on Frank Crothen toward home. We were going to a Family Home Evening activity at the church and was kinda in a hurry. Anyways. The car in front of me stop on these railroad tracks to turn left. This was a 2 lane road, no turning lane, no shoulder, and at the busy time of the day. Five o'clock is when everyone is hurrying home. So traffic traveling off post was back up. So I stop and looked down cause I saw a long line of cars coming and knew that that he wont be turning anytime soon. The next thing I knew I jerked forward, which I though I hit the steering wheel but found out later my chest hurt cause of the seat belt keep me from hitting it. Anyways then I went back and my glasses went flying off. Then I felt another little jerked. That was when I realized I hit the car in front of me. I put the car in park and just started crying. The guy in front of me jumped out and is looking at me and then the guy that hit me jumps out yelling at him "I did it" I hit her. So they both come check on me. I am freaking cause I cant find my glasses and I did not wont to step on them cause that would be bad if they were broke. So I take my seat belt off and then notice them in the back seat, my cell phone was under my feet and set back down. They called 911 or dispatch here on post and got them to also send an ambulance. So I called Jeremy and all I said was "I am in a wreck and I am by the shoppette" (which is military for gas station). Then they decided that they thought it would be best if I went to the ER just to get checked and my heart rate was 140. It calm to 122 by the time I got to the hospital though. Anyways Jeremy got the neighbor to take him to me and he drove the car home and the neighbor bought him up to the hospital to wake on me.
Anyways I am okay I just have wipe lass (cant spell) and some sore muscles in my neck. I also have intra bruises in my chest and shoulder from the seat belt. They gave me Lortabs but that did nothing for me. So I went to my primary Dr this morning to have it checked again and he said I have some strain muscles and gave me some muscle relaxation and the good ole Army candy. (For you that don't know Iburpton 800mg is what the army passes out for anything that is wrong).
Well we got a rental car yesterday. It is nice a 2008 Nissan Centra. I like it! The car got tolled to the shop cause the light busted made is undriveable. Which was good cause I did not want to try to find someone to drive me an hour away to drop the car off. Well, we got a phone call earlier from the body shop. They was asking if we were the first car or the one in the middle. I said we were the one in the middle. So they ask if we had front and rear damage and I was like correct. So Jeremy asked if they were going to fix it and how long or what is going to happen. And the guy said that it was on the border of saying it was totally. They were going to give the information to USAA (the other guy's insurance) and let them make the decision. So I guess now we seat and wait to hear what they want to do. The guy said it was going to cost especially since it was the front and rear, to fix it almost has much as the car is worth. So we will wait and see what happens.
Anyways here are some pictures to enjoy!!!

This is the truck close and you can see how dented it is in.
This was the trunk still close and the gap between it and the bumper.

This is when we pop the trunk cause Jeremy had gear in it. You can see how dented in it is.


This is the front. You can see the grid thing is broke and all the straches.

Another close up of the stratches and thing that broke.


This is a far away picture of the rear. You can see all the damage to the back.


This is another side picture of the trunk open.

This is another of the front of where the bumpter is falling off.

This is a picture of the trunk again open this time.


This is another dent in the side. I dont know how that got there just he hit me hard enough in the back to cause the side panel the bend.

A picture of the light messed up.

I know some of the pictures were like doubles but I took so many pictures I could not tell. Also I know some pictures might not look like much but I wanted poof of everything.









3 comments:

~ Katie ~ said...

omg Amanda! I hope you're feeling a little better. make sure you take it easy- you never know with internal bruising and stuff. I'm so glad that you weren't hurt worse than what you were. Maybe they will total your car and pay to get you a new one :)

John & Marie Haynes said...

I am glad you are OK I hope your neck feels better.Love Dad :)

Just Mami said...

I hope that you feel better very soon!