Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas



This year for Christmas we decided that we was going to spend it together and have presents and everything for each other because we realized it has not been since 2006 they we have actually been home at our own house to do Christmas together!
2010 - We had Beka and was in Texas
2009 - Jeremy deployed right before Christmas
2008 - We spent Christmas in Disney World
2007 - He was in AIT and I was living in Texas so he come home for it
2006- We were in Utah! And we actually did Christmas together that year!

So this year we spent it together. We both agree to get each other ipods for Christmas because we both have been needing them and since I plan to go to the gym more often I thought it would be a good idea. Well we did not plan anything big for a meal or anything and then Thursday Jeremy found out there was some Single soldiers that had no place to go and plans were just to spend it hanging in their rooms so we said "No we will have a big dinner and come over and hang out and we will play games or what not." So I wanted to do a Turkey but there was no way to defrost and cook a turkey in 3 days. So trying to decide what would feed 5 people we went with Chickens. So we made 2 5lbs Oven Roasted Chickens, Green Bean Casseroles, Home made Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Cranberries, and Stuffing. Also while I cooked I had pigs in a blanket to snack on, a meat and cheese plate, and devil eggs. Then for dessert it was my cupcakes and cookies that we still had. I think it turn out to be a lot of fun and those soldiers keep begging Jeremy when can they come back over to eat. So I guess it was good.

Anyways it was a nice Christmas and I was glad to be over here and learn some of the culture and traditions that goes on here in Germany and I hope to remember them when we head back to the US. We did miss all our friends and family though and hoped Everyone had a Merry Christmas! Here are some pictures!

Our Red & Silver Christmas Tree
Just some of the cookies I made!
I ended up making in ONE day: 42 decorate Sugar Cookies, 39 cupcakes,
40 Non-bake Oatmeal cookies and a whole bunch of Peanut Butter Balls!
I will NEVER try to make so much in one day EVERY again!

Okay I have to stop and explain something here. Up until December 20 we had only had some snow flurries once and they did not even stick to the ground at all. Well, December 20th Jeremy had to go to the DR in Landstuhl and he had to be at the bus stop at 5am that morning. Well, we got up at 4:30 to take him and I wait till he got on the bus and then came home to go back to bed around 5:30am. Anyways it was a nice morning: I notice it was very cold but the sky was clear the roads was clear it was not raining or nothing, A very nice morning! Well I woke up about 10am and the first thing I do is getting on facebook to see that someone posted "It Snowed". I am like what are they talking about it did not. So has I walk to my windows thinking no way. And what does my eyes see SNOW and LOTS of it. So here are some pictures I took right then. I am just so thankful the snow waited until after 5am to snow!!!

This is looking out our backyard at the playground!
This is looking out the front. LOTS of snow!
This was our OFFICIAL first snow fall on December 4 or 5!
I can't remember but it did not stay!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.