Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Trip

So, for Presidency day weekend we decide to go to Washington DC for one night. It was a fun trip. We did have one problem. The night before we left I program the GPS with the address to the hotel we were staying at and saved it has Washington DC. Well the next day I got in the car and pulled it up and did not check it. No problem getting there and next thing we knew we were down driving in front of the Arlington Cemetery and Jeremy could see all of DC over the water then the GPS says "Arrive to destination on right" I am like what we are on George Washington Parkway and there is no hotels here. So with no clue what to do I just stay on George Washington Parkway.. the next thing I know we are going along the river and up the hills. Now we have a problem. Finally there is a spot to pull over at a scenic lookout. Lucky I had the address to the hotel and was able to reprogram the GPS and go in the right direction. The only problem was we still had to go up about 15 miles cause there was no place to turn around on the stretch of road.


Then we got turn around back on the highway and then I miss the exit I need. So then I eneded up in this crazy area of Rossyln part of Arlington, VA with lots of one way streets. But lucky the GPS held up to itself and redeemed it self and we finally made it.. just 45 minutes later.

Saturday when we were there it was cold and windy but still beautiful. Then Sunday it was a little colder but beautiful so I was happy the weather agree with us.

Jeremy in front of the Washington Moment
Us in front of the US capital
Jeremy with the Capital
(I was trying to do some fun pictures but he would not listen to me)
Rossyln Metro Station
(I just looked it up and this is the 3rd longest continuous span escalator in the world)
This picture is from the top..
A building in Downtown Washington DC
This was our view from our Hotel
That is Georgetown University!

0 comments: