Thursday, July 9, 2009

PFC and PCS


Okay so I know many of my non military friends and family have no clue with what I just wrote for the title. Okay so the first thing is PFC mean Private First Class or it is level E3. (The E stands for Enlisted.). So this is Jeremy new rank. He has actually been a PFC since February because of some paperwork and what have you he been waiting for his pinning, which never happen. So, Tuesday his SSG (Staff Sergeant) said to him, "you know you are out of uniform?" So Jeremy took that to mean okay so go get my PFC rank and wear it. So during lunch he did and no one said anything. So today, Wednesday his SSG told him that he could wear it all the paper work says he is a PFC so now it is offical on his ACU (Army Combact Uniforms). So Yeah on that. Now he can really work on getting his Specialize which would be the next level up.

Okay, next topic PCS. What is PCS??? PCS means Permanent Change in Station. Basically it means move which is only one more letter then PCS so I dont know why they have to say PCS and cant just say "you are moving." That is the Army for you they create a new dictonary.
Okay so where am I going with this: Okay, some of you might think this is crazy but I would really love to take the chance now because we are still young, and have no children right now. So what is what we want, we want to be station in Germany. Yes, I said it Germany. A whole other country. Why? Cause I want to see the world, have always wanted to. We have no children to worry about now is our chance to go somewhere and see more then just the states. Our choices for outside the 48 States were Germany, Alaska, Hawaii, and Korea. Alaska and Korea are our second choices. I would do anything to see Alaska in the summer but I dont think I could handle it in the winter. LOL! Korea would be okay, but there are not many chances for spouses to go to Korea and I dont think I would eat Korean food so I would probably strave or learn to eat just at home....LOL! Yes, we did not put Hawaii I dont really want Hawaii, yes I would love to visit it but the ideal of spending 3 years or so on a island scares me...LOL! I like to travel there is no where to travel just making circles around the island. I mean in the Year and half we have been in Georgia have have been around 3 different states and seen alot.
Okay but if we are not able to go ONOUCS we put that we want to go to 1st) Fort Carson in Colorado. This was Jeremy picks... I been trying to talk him out of it..I am scared of getting blizzards and snow in. So our other choices.. 2nd) Fort Lewis in Washington State. Yes I know snow again... but I heard about how pretty Washington state is and I dont know just seem nice. I love rain and they get a bunch of them....PS that is where Forks is in washington state!! (For you Twilight fans like me!) Okay so our 3rd choice ) Fort Drum, NY. This is in Upstate New York near the top Canada border. Again Snow. If you can't tell my husband loved the snow when we lived in Utah and wants to have snow again for skiing, and such. Me I am fine in HOT, SUNNY places...lol. Yes Fort Hood or Fort Pork was not on our list sorry like I said earlier since we don't have children yet we want to take the time to see more of the world which is why we picked the places we did. If you can't tell they are in different areas.
Okay so where am I going with all this. It is time for Jeremy to resign and he can chose if he wants to stay here in Fort Stewart, GA or go somewhere else. We want to go! Nothing against Fort Stewart I am just ready to move. I am not a settler I like to keep moving along, we have never lived in a house for more then 2 years in the 7 years we been married. That is crazy. LOL!
Anyways I am rumbing now. I was hoping maybe we could get orders and PCS (do you remember what it means) and move before December and then he would be able to avoided the deployment. He dont really want to do that because he says he has been training with them and such that he feels it is chickening out on them. Anyways, but Tuesday he went in to talk to the SGT that handles the resign for the Company and this is what we found out.
That starting June 27th the Battalion is on a hold on PCSing until October. He could resign to stay here no problem. And if he did that (we still would not get any bouses) because right now all reenlistment bouses are suspended. Jeremy told him what he wanted and there was really nothing he could do. So now we have to wait till October 1 to go talk to him again to see if we could PCS. The guy did say that he made be able to get it where he would PCS before the deployment but if not he could resign and deployed and then when he comes back in January of 2011 he will do his 60 days of home to adjust and then we would move. So anyways, all I know now is nothing, I have to wait until October to figure out what we are going to do. Fun, Fun Fun... That is the Army's Game..... ...... ... Hurry up and Wait!!!!!!

PS sorry that this is so long.... I am kinda rummbling on and on again!

2 comments:

~ Katie ~ said...

Fort Lewis in Washington is beautiful! I used to date a guy from up there and went up there several times...plus, you're not far from Mt. Rainer, Olympia and Seattle :) and even in the summer it's not HOT, I wore a long sleeved shirt in the mornings. They have alot of great places to eat too!

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you are doing so well. DAD and Marie