Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bring on the 4th of July

Okay so yeah it is only the 2nd of July but my July 4th activities are already up in full swing. I have to say that I since we been here July 4th means more to me now then it every did in the past. So yeah living on a military installion they go totally out for this holiday and it last for days. They have shows, rides, games, concerts and so much more. Anyways so today I decide to make a cake. I wanted to just do white icing with strawberries, blueberries but I dont eat blueberries so I just decide to iced it with icing. So I decide to do a double layer white cake with cool whip and sliced strawberries in the middle. So here is the finished results:




Okay so tonight we went to A Salute to the Nation and Twilight Tattoo. A Twilight Tattoo is something that start years ago when Military bands would play at night for locals towns. So anyways we went to the ceremony and it was very nice other then being hot. They did some awesome military history and amazing songs. I wanted to cry because they sung the song "I'm already there". This song is very sad for military families. So anyways here are some pictures of our wonderful night. Then tomorrow we are going to go to the activities around post and then it is the Trace Adkins concert. So I will post pictures then.


This Is the 3ID Marching Band... This took me back to high school the way they marched out on the field and did some basic formations.


This is a picture of a solider representing every war that the 3ID was part of throughout the years, which includes: WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, Dessert Shield, Dessert Storm and Iraq Enduring Freedom.

This is the color guard. It is was so old fashion, the piccolo prayer and drum was playing Yankee Doodle.





This is 3ID mascot Rocky the Bulldog. We are call the Dog Face Soldiers.
He is in front of the flags.


This part was amazing! The soldier and helicopters came out of nowhere in formation and then stood there while the soldier said the Soldier's Creed.

So that was the show basically. I have learned so much history. I thought I took American History in high school but I guess you dont really learn anything until you apply it to yourself. So I enjoy learning the history of this great country, that I am happy to live in. I am glad that I have the freedom that others have fought for us to have. I am grateful for everyone that has given their life in some way to make this country free so I can chose to worship how I pleased, or even walk down the street. So no matter what fun this weekend brings we are must remember the meaning of it. So everyone have a Save and Happy July 4th!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have love to have seen it all. Glad you had fun. Dad