Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shopping

Okay so I been trying to learn ways to shapes and save money. Yeah I know I should have learned how to do it a long time ago. So I decide a couple of months ago that I was going to learn to use coupons. Well, I sign up to get the Sunday paper here and signed up to coupons.com and a couple of other websites. Then I joined Kroger and picked though their online coupons. So I went to print coupons and ended up only printing about 3 pages because I did not realized it was going to be only 2 coupons per page and ended up running out of paper and ink. So, I need groceries, so I headed out anyways... Here I went to Kroger. So I ended up getting lots of stuff that I did not need but hey had a coupon for. So after spending forever in the store going to pages of the list I printed off of online coupons, and the coupons I cut out. I was quiet upset because I did not end up saving and spend more then I consider was in my budget. So knowing me I really wanted to give up on the whole thing.

Well, then 2 weeks ago I took Beka to Wal-Mart and had no coupons, nothing at all. Well, I ended up spending WAY over my budget. Now, I know it is Wal-mart and I did get more then food, which is why I don't think I should shop there cause I have to go check out the DVDs, and this and that! lol! You all know what I mean! So anyways I spend WAY too much... my jaw hit the ground. But, another reason it was so much I stocked up... I got 2-4 items of everything too so I figure I did what was best. But, I could not spend that much again!
So, now right before pay day again! Yes I said before pay day- I hate that every one in this town gets pay at the same time cause it makes every store in town filled with people, long lines, and empty shelves. So I decide that I am going to save money each check so I can go the day before pay day that way I don't have a reason to get out and deal with all those people! lol
So anyways I decide that I need some stuff, mostly the main stuff: bread, eggs, milk. The other thing I notice is I would decide I wanted something but then I did not have one item I needed. So I decide another trip to the store, but this time I was going to try to be smart about it. So I made a list of things I want to make some fancy and then some stuff for my "I want to be lazy" days. Then I looked to see what I have and just made a list of what I needed. So then I looked though the coupons I been collecting for the last month and only cut out the stuff I used but I only bought with me the stuff I needed and save the others for next time. I ended up spending WAY less then I thought I would! I am proud of myself. As a matter of fact I saved $20.00 just on coupons! I know $20 might not sound like much but hey it is enough to go out to eat...which made me decide to go treat myself with Taco Bell..lol!

So, I guess I have learn for me the best way to save money is:
1) coupons
2) Make a list off of what I want to make
3) Shop at the commissary

** PS These are how I saved money... I can't promise the same results for you.... but I hope to continue to learn ways to save****

1 comments:

~ Katie ~ said...

You go girl! I try to make a list, but usually forget to or forget it.