Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just the Two of Us—For Now

Okay so I have not written on here in awhile. I guess I just don't know what to say anymore. The past month has been a long month and the whole time I just wanted to crawl in bed and never get out. I been struggling with alot of stuff in my life right now, and I guess I do what my husband's Sgt says. He is always on me to (his words) "suck it up and drive on" because he says I dwell on it. I never thought about it but I guess I do. Some times it is just best to cry then try to hide it. I guess along with being depressed about not being able to have children, I have begin to get homesick. I miss Buna! (thought I would never say that, I just enjoy Buna Ward). I just cry with everything lately. I cried yesterday watching Oprah,who I don't really like. I only watched it because Micheal J. Fox was on it and I loved him in the 80s on Family Ties. I watched it because it was about him struggling for 18 years with Parkinson's Disease which is what my father-in-law has. It was a really good show and I just set on the couch weeping. Anyways!
Well, here I am in the middle of the night, 1:00 am in the morning and unable to sleep, due to my mind is racing with so much thoughts. Well, has I was blog spying I ran across a friend from Hinesville and on her blog she had all this excitement about General Conference coming up. I thought about I wished I had that came kind of excitement. I was thinking I can watched it online that way I don't have to get out and see anyone. I know wrong way of thinking!!! Anyways, from here page I ended up going to LDS.org and found myself looking for answers. While there I decide to read past issues of Ensign. Since I don't get them anymore, due to it expire during moving and just never have renew the subscription. I was going to do it then but my card was in the car and it is dark, and raining. Well anyways the point of this is I ran across this article searching. "Just the Two of Us - For Now" By Ardeth G. Kapp
Young Women General President
www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=64bc27cd3f37b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1 This arictle is really good and made me feel even better. It bought out some really good points for childless couples. I know it is kinda old but the message is still the same. I don't know why I am writing all this but I guess I just wanted to write.

Anyways, on other news, Jeremy knee is getting better he will not be needing surgery. It still hurts but it looks like he will have to do his PT test next week. So he has began working so hopefully he will be able to past it. So, tonight in between rain storms we took Zowie, our dog, for a walk/run. It was fun! I think we decide that we want to adopted from the state, but we just have some issues standing in the way. One being that as soon has he passes his PT test he should be up for resigning. We have mix feelings about if we want to PCS (permanent change of station or move). We love it here and are settled and he knows he will deployed around January of 2010. Which he wants to because those guys are his friends now. But we also have the fight if we want to move because we do want to see more of the country instead of just Georgia. So who knows what we will do. We just have to wait and see what they will offer us, I guess. I just don't want to start with the adoption process here and then in the next year we move I would feel like I was wasting my time.

2 comments:

Cindy Howard said...

I've been thinking about you a lot, and I am glad that something I did could help someome, especially you. I hope things work out with adopting. I think you guys will be great parents! I know that even though things seem really bad sometimes, the Lord always has a purpose, it just takes a while to see it.
I miss you at church too.:)

Kimberly said...

Here is what you do...today pack a bag with clothes that will last a few days and in the Morning jump in the car and head to Buna! Then you will make it in time to watch it with your Dad and Marie!

Seriously though - Times get hard and tough and sometimes we don't know what to do, but keep doing the things you are supposed to do (reading scriptures, saying prayers, etc) and the Lord will bless you.

Before Conference starts on Saturday Morning, say a prayer and during conference keep a pen and journal handy, you will hear things that you have been looking for and needing.