Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jekyll Island, GA






So Monday after Jeremy got off early we decided to do a little more sight seeing with a friend here. So we took off to see the coast the Atlantic coast. So we heard a good beach was Jekyll Island which was south of us. It was nice but not has pretty has I have expected. It looked about like Galveston. They say because of all the plants in Savannah and there is also a lot of tar in the Atlantic coast. They say to go the 3 hours to Jacksonville, FL to see the blue water, which I might do one day.
Anyways it was too cold to be in the water anyways so we just decided to walk the beach which we found out was totally worth it. If you can not tell but in the last picture are sand dollars that are still wet and alive. We first found a half of one and I was amazed because I have never found anything cool at the beach before. Then we found 4 more whole sand dollars, so we threw the half one back. So that was really cool to find. It made the trip worth it. I just can't wait till this summer to go to the beach.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! The beach looks really fun. I love your craft project too. It looks so good.

Anonymous said...

Well it is good to see you are having fun...Dad

Joel and Crystal said...

Hey Yall! I don't know if yall remember me but I remember yall from the olden days back in South East Texas! This is Joel Ross. I'm so glad things are going so well! We are actually on the east coast ourselves right now...just a little bit north in New Jersey! In any case, take care and hope yall don't mind if I check in on yalls blog every now and then!