Saturday, October 16, 2010

Camp Out!

Well, this week a couple of friends from the ward whose husband are also deployed decided to do a lady and kids camp out. While we have all been camping before it was a first for all of us to do it without husbands. I was kinda excited but nervous knowing it was going to be 3 ladies and 5 kids, but it was wonderful. It was so nice to be outside and away from the computer and cell phones and just relax. I was proud of us and of me. I did alot of stuff I have not done alone or even since girls camp like 11 years ago. My husband wonder if I would be able to set up a tent alone and not starve, or even sleep at night...since I am scared of the dark. I have to say I am proud to know that I can set up our tent and take it down all alone. That we were able to start a fire and keep it going to cook food and also put it out. So I am proud to say we survived and had a lot of fun. The only negative was that early in the morning it got really cold but we were not prepare with trick blankets, jackets or pants. So in the morning we were kinda or really cold. So next time we will bring more clothes. But, other then that it was fun and hope to do it again.


Here are some pictures from the trip!
Our Tent and Campsite
Beka making hot dogs on the fire

0 comments: